Monday, March 27, 2006

 

Heads Will Roll

Those who stroll together roll together

How can a person not pay attention to a story about 66 heads and headless bodies being dumped around Iraq as sadism escalates or germinates or blossoms or whatever these freedom loving peoples are doing to each other?

Ironically I only read the headlines of the headless bodies or heads with their chickens cut off story. Is it sick? Do you think? Is there any situation no matter how mad you may be where you could saw the head off a live human being?

Meanwhile down along the horn of Africa the Skinnies of the Mogadishu suburbs are getting after each other in crazy “off the hook” violence but we don’t care because 15 years ago they did that Black Hawk shoot down thing so now they can just starve and kill each other forever unless they want to get up off of that beachfront property.

I read everything written about the 1968 Mai Lai Massacre in Vietnam and I remember this question posed, “Was it an aberration or an operation?”

I cannot watch a movie where innocent people are brutalized. I spoke with a woman who was one of the first women in the country to be in the Marine Corps. She said we all have that dark side, you know the old good and evil argument. I told her that I don’t have it that no matter what horrors happened to me that I couldn’t machine gun a baby in retaliation.

There is a perception that everyone on the planet it sadistically sicker than us and value life less than we do. Can you say Atomic bomb? Naplam, Carpet bomb, Smart bomb? Hell we even have complimentary expression of coolness “you are the bomb.”

I think I may submit an essay to the elitist editors of the New Yorker Magazine, ”The World is filled with Sick Bitches.” Certainly it is not a hard point to prove.

Peace
Mahatma Freddogg

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?