Friday, April 28, 2006

 

An Array of Sunglasses


A little sign hung in front of the sunglass shack. It cleverly read, ”Sunglasses.” On the other side of the sign it read "Totes”. I backed up because I thought it said sunglasses. I was confused in a short term memory sort of way. "Well, what the hell was it?”

I didn’t realize I needed one of those preppy sunglasses straps but in the door I went. “Where the hell are my sunglasses? Have you looked on top of your head? Are you happy to see me?"

A tall black retail guy was on me like he stepped off the NBA’s all defensive team.

“Is it sunglasses or totes yo, ”I asked jokingly.

“What are you looking for, ”he asked?

“Do you have straps for glasses or whatever the hell you call them?”
“Yes we have lots of them over here.”

Jesus there were thousands all looking pretty much the same. How many can you sell? How many losers walk in a store prompted by the sunglasses/totes swinging sign?

“Are they all pretty much the same or is one pretty much as good as another, ”I asked the young man. “Pretty much depends on what color you prefer.”

“Black like my women, ”I said, borrowing a joke from the movie Airplane.” He didn’t bat or black an eye.

“Here are the black ones. “

I picked one up, it was six dollars I went for cash tried to check out with efficient retail white lady on cell phone. She held out her hand but I wouldn’t hand her the strap until she got off the phone.

I don’t converse or interact with phone people because I end up answering questions from the other conversation. “Sure I’ll be in town this weekend I live here. I don’t have a cat.” “What are you talking about?” “No, what are you talking about?”

So I look over at all the sunglasses and ask this really dumb question. ‘Do you have an array of sunglasses here?” The unintentional pun comes deep from within a person’s pun center. “An a-ray of sunglasses?”

“Yes we have lots of different kinds of sunglasses?”

‘Well of course you do. Otherwise you’d have two thousand pairs of the same sunglasses. So why did I ask that question? Let me answer it. I am Big Loser Boy! And I’ll tell you another thing, "I don’t mind it!”

Have you ever done that? Walked out of somewhere talking badly about yourself? “You are such a dunce! You freaking idiot! Where’s your keys you fat freaking hair all messed up cargo short wearing moron?

Peace Freaking Freddogg

Comments:
I am blonde, so I most certainly have talked bad about myself!!!!! The battery of "dumb blonde" jokes always have an element of truth where I'm concerned. For example: I once went to a gas station very near my place of busines. I went into this establishment (one of the attendants/cashier is the sister of one of my co-workers and everyone I work with knows her)...anyway, I paid for $10.00 of unleaded and promptly went out to my car, got in and drove away. With the gas cap open and NO GAS in my tank.That's right, I paid for the gas and drove right off...with my gas cap blowing in the breeze. When I realized what I had done I began to curse myself as the dummest of the dumbasses and that I should not be allowed to venture out without a keeper.When I arrived back at work...several people were standing at the front door looking at me and waving their arms and laughing...oh no...I knew that Joy from the Exxon station had called to tell them what I had done!!!! All I said was...Gee...I guess I really am a dumb blonde! My boss said..."Hey, blondie...go get your gas " and I thought, oh you dumbass.
 
I sure am glad to find out that I am the only dumbass in the world who talks about herself!!!!
 
I was stuck in a passing land once facing head on death and I broadcasted the event like it was a sporting eventI did the same thing when I was in a rollover accident just talking it through rather that screaming and praying
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?