Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 

Big Hairy Fairy


I have a certain respect for men who dress up as women on a Saturday night and hit the gay bars. I'd have even more respect if they pulled up a stool at a regular bar. "Bobby,what's up? Looks like you have dry wall dust on you blouse." Transvestites are disordered individuals and although I have never had the urge to wear a sundress and I don’t understand the allure I am willing to accept another person’s commitment to deviance that doesn’t hurt anyone

But what about the "364 days a year straight men" who dress up as women on Halloween? And then they begin to swish around and bat their eyelashes and even pout and deploy other facially alluring behaviors that inspire real gay guys to exclaim, ”Please stop it, you big hairy fairy.”

My wife came up with the observation that most people dress up on Halloween as what they secretly wish they could be. I absolutely hate adult Halloween parties. I especially can’t stand educated married couples with complimenting extravagant disguises, you know, like freaking Jedi or shit like that.

In an old episode of "All in the Family", Gloria dressed in a blond wig which turned on her husband Meathead –they don’t call me meathead because I’m stupid- and every time they went to bed he wanted her to wear the wig and she got mad because he was aroused by wig women and it was a funny shtick because in real life on Halloween night weird stuff happens across this strange culture of ours like, ”Honey would you mind leaving the nun outfit on while I look for a ruler.”

The few times I dressed up it took about five minutes. Once I wore a real hollowed out pumpkin on my head and this fat woman dressed like Momma Cass kept following me around. It was weird. Another time I was Superman or Superfredman.

Remember the Super Hero joke where Superman lands on top of a sleeping and naked Wonder Woman, has quick sex with her, then quickly flies out the window. She opens her eyes and says, ”Whoa, what was that?’
“I don’t know, “says the Invisible Man. But he tore my butt up!”

I once dressed like Yassir Arafat and I was cool with that but everyone thought I was Ringo Starr off the Sergeant Pepper Album. Another time I went as one of the Outsiders or what is commonly known as a Greaser.” Most people thought it was a better look for me.

I would like to know what costume you wore as an adult where you felt so weirdly out of character that you couldn’t wait to take it off and conversely what character did you become where you felt in complete harmony.

And if you went the cross gender route tell me why and were you good at it.

In real life I own no suit and no dark socks and one pair of black othepedic nun shoes and the rest sneakers and just two shirts with collars a black one and a white one and one intermingled ball of ties on the closet floor that would take a Chinese puzzle grandmaster three weeks to unravel.

What does that say about me?

Peace Freddogg

Comments:
Hey Freddogg,
That episode of All in the Family was on last night and that wig was BLACK!!!!Gloria was a blonde...don't you remember????? She wore a short black pageboy wig that made her look like Sally Field.. Trust me on this one freddogg...I got this one covered.Gloria was a platinum blonde! When the show started , her hair was curly like Shirley Temple then as the show progressed, her hair became long and straight and consistently "blonder". At the end of this particular episode, Edith put the wig on and Archie didn't even notice...typical man.

At Halloween, and any other "dress up like something else occasion" I always went for the gypsy/Madonna/angel with a "hooker wish" look. I have no idea why...I have always be criticized for being a "little" out there with some of my apparel choices so I didn't need an excuse to dress oddly, but still I used every opportunity to look even stanger than I already did.Go figure. I suppose I have "unusual" taste both in clothing and in people...my choice of husbands proves that!!!!! If I was Catholic, maybe I could become the Patron Saint of Strange.
 
Couple years ago I dressed as a Nun and (I) dressed my husband as Elvis. He hated it. I mean, he was very unhappy. A neighbor of ours LOVES to dress up- be got himself a bunny outfit for halloween (white w/pink ears). Kinda Creepy. It is rumored that he and his wife purchased some kind of crazy costumes for our Cinco de Mayo party. I am pretty concerned. Next Halloween we are invited to attend their everyone must dress up halloween party. I would let my husband take the lead but I think I will end up dressed like a hooker/cheerleader/slut. Either that or the anti pc duke lax player and stripper...
 
One more thing,( hey, you give me a place to run my mouth, even if it is written instead of spoken , and I will talk you to DEATH),my gay friend David used to dress like a woman every Halloween. He borrowed my bra and he wore a gold metallic wig and spent big money on a couture gown that made me jealous.He went the "whole route" he wore fake eyelashes, heavy make-up and heels. When we finished with the transformation, he truly looked like a woman.He even had a name, "Droxienne", something he got from Star Trek years earlier...he also had this name on his license tag.But, the rest of the year, David was all (well mostly all) man, madly in love with a Chrisopher Reeves look alike bartender he could never have because the guy was already "with" some other man. Yes, I could qualify for the Patron Saint of Strange...it seems to follow me around wherever I go.Or, perhaps I follow it.That's the last comment,I promise.
 
When I dressed up as a mummy in a torn white gown everyone thought I was Madonna from the "Like a Virgin" video. By the end of the night I quit explaining it and let people think what they would. Turns out people loved the Madonna look.
That pretty well sucked, but I adored the year I went as Tinkerbell in the green dress, wings and sparkly shoes with matching magic wand. It just felt right.
 
I knew Gloria was frizzy blonde so why would she wear a blond wig? I am such a moron.
I forgot the Edith part with the wig. What a great program that was. I remember when Edith discovered that Archie had been to a topless bar. His defense,"Once you've seen two you've seen them all."
I like the Duke lax lap dancing

And god knows Tinkerbell was a Virgin although there was gossip that she was fucking Goofy
cab stealing stripper idea.
Patron Saint of Straange you must give me aclue who you are becuse I would like to purchase your statue.
 
The gods of copy and paste be messing with me today. "Say cabbie is that your fare meter running or are you just having fun?
 
Think a minute...who do you automatically think of when you hear the word "strange" or "odd" the Tasmanian Devil of Basketball of course...no I'm not him, but I am the idiot who married him and consequently left him(as fast as I could) of course...I am the Queen of Oddballs, lunatics and the very,very strange. My mother says I have a magnet hidden in my body that automatically attracts idiots and freakos.Maybe it's me...it's probably me...it's all my fault. Norman Bates and I have the same mother.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?