Monday, April 24, 2006

 

Rookie: All Cacoon Team


I am a finalist for “Rookie of the Year” on the Don Ameche All Cocoon Team. You remember the movie where the old guys in Florida swam in a prohibited pool that was a uterus for germinating alien pods that gave them renewed youth and vigor.

And you know how some people freely discriminate against others from the same cultural group like when a person of color threatens a person a darker color with a warning like “You better back off you black bitch!”

I’m the person who sometimes calls people old and or fat but not to their faces and not to others just mumbling to myself because I think I’m entering a period of self loathing in my life and anyway I’m tired and being well adjusted and productive because where does that get you other than the same place if your not responsible.

I was covering a road race Sunday and you should see the way some runners give you the, body up and down once over, like a middle aged loser checking out the prom queen. It’s because their weight loss solidifies a feeling of self worth using you as a standard of what can happen if you’re not narcissistic, self obsessed with diminished sex drive unless you’re alone with yourself.I am a granddaddy Mack daddy beast to use hip-hop “I ain’t tryin to be no bony assed 8 minute miler. Some time keeper said, ”Could you step aside you make a better door than a window and I certainly can’t see around you” and people giggled like that was a put down and I realized they viewed me differently than I viewed myself but I’m a funny wide guy and not allowed to smack people because it’s bad for business.

Saturday night I stopped at “my bar” after dropping off grand children to listen to a blues and soul group. I love loud and tight music coming from a band that has black and white voices. I was just sitting at the bar next to an Irish friend not trying to be better or worse, younger or older, thinner or fatter, just content, like a calico in a window sill.I laughed when the retired mailman came up behind my crouched down photographer and did a dirty dancing number on him and I thought, just good clean fun in a small down on a dreary Saturday night.

A soulful classic was played and people began to dance. I was tapped on my right shoulder and turned slowing as the vertebra in my neck made ratcheting noises. I heard one young male bartender say to the other, ”Did you hear that crackling. I think it’s going to storm again.”I waiting for the depth of field function of my weakening eyeballs to auto focus and there she was, a red died haired, deep set make-up shrouded hollow eyed , 75 year old barfly who looked at me with bad attitude and said, ”Do you dance?”“If machine gun bullets were aimed at my feet by Arab gunmen I don’t dance. There have been times when I’ve gotten funky but never dancing.”

She looked at me like, ”you big fucking loser” walked away and I felt like such a schmuk but it wouldn’t have mattered if she were the 25 year old Belarus girl from the window of Dunkin doughnuts where I had just spilled my coffee that afternoon trying to pull it through my window.Like Frank Sinatra sang, ”I don’t dance, don’t ask me.”By the way, planned, radical, written grouchyness is therapeutic and I should teach it at the Academy of Life Long Learning while I’m “still on top of my game” like a prideful aging lion with lumbar issues.
What about you? Don’t you ever want to come loose and just bury people figuratively speaking.

Peace Freddogg

Comments:
Hey Freddogg,
I just sent a comment about your "75 year old red-haired barfly incident" and the darn thing went ka-put when I tried to send it. Damn computers. I told you about going to a gay bar with a male (gay) friend of mine years ago. (I'm female, at least last time I checked). I had an ugly red-haired WOMAN ask me to dance(ah, the irony). To make a long and somewhat sordid story short, my friend whispered something in her ear and she left the bar in a raging fit of anger. Now I have to live with not only being asked to dance by ugly MEN...now I have to live with the humiliation of being asked to dance with an ugly WOMAN!!!!!Hey, if I had to be asked to dance with a woman...couldn't she at least have been an attractive woman?That was my first and last trip to a gay bar. Nothing against gays...I just don't want to dance with women...I have enough trouble dancing with men...dancing with wolves...dancing with the stars...now I can't stop...
 
I pronouce the plural Dancing with Wuffs. dancing on air or without hair a care at the county fair wnna see where a horse bit me? What does that mean anyway. bring back the perverts of the past these modern ones are too twisted.

I hate dancing anyway it's so tribal and dumb I'd rather drink
 
One more thing...
On the site yesterday(you know the Duke Drunks) I forgot to mention that one of our(State of NC) outstanding public servants (a DA or senator or some other type) stated on tv that "in the State of NC you can arrest and indict a ham sandwich" I thought that was so funny and SO true!!!!! "Stop that Ham Sandwich...it tried to sexaully assault me!!!!!" And it wasn't even whole wheat.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?