Monday, May 01, 2006

 

Chain of Sorrow


"You can look out the window get mad and get madder ,throw your hands in the air and say what does it matter, but it don’t do no good to get angry so help me I know.
Cause a heart stained in anger grows weak and grows bitter you become your own prisoner as you watch yourself sit there, wrapped up in a trap of your very own chain of sorrow.” John Prine

A lifetime sport for me is to throw gasoline on the morally outraged, those people who clearly see conspiracies inside every social structure. I hear it all the time, relentless complaining from those making good money and living better than 99 percent of the people in the history of this planet have lived.

I don’t even mind it when these people come after me or more likely talk about me behind my back because I can take great solace knowing they are miserable and even dream grouchy. You can hear them mumbling into the pillow, ”mother fucker, it just ain’t fair.”

Here’s the reality of adult wellness and something your mother begins telling you when you are old enough to shout, ”It ain’t fair!”

“Life’s not fair. I have to wax that grimy kitchen floor that you’ve been walking on for the last week. I exchange vacuum cleaner bags, I’m an M.V.P at the Food Lion and I was proud and actually was expecting a trophy but then I found out everyone was M.V. P. and…”

“Mom, I’m just a kid. I just want my friend, whose been living here for the last four days because her mom’s a drunk, to sleep over again. I don’t know anything about vacuum cleaner bags.”

But all seriousness aside, the reality of adult life is that the spoils don’t go to the smartest or most talented although that can happen but not often because talented people are too smart to play hard they have better things not to do.

So maybe your boss truly is an idiot. What’s your point? Allowing primates to take control of a group without a physical fight is a distortion of nature, it is tampering with evolution. And if you care then please go for the control, kick some ass then just shut up.

I recently counseled a failed everything white boy who is a fine athlete and is the hands down his own pants winner of the too lazy to get out of his own way award.

I told the kid there are three scenarios to explain his problem and one is worse than the next.

"There are three explanations for your underachievement,"I compassionately explained. First is that you are lazy and disinterested and you not only don’t hand in your work but have no clue what the work is that you don’t hand in.

Second is the drug factor .You’re out there representing as marijuana, cocaine and ecstasy guy and it has robbed you of your motivation.

And third and absolutely the worst!! You really are that dumb!!

But maybe he is that smart because homey don’t care and has a kicking girlfriend to play with while his peers are listening to “boys to men” speeches from middle aged fat white coaches.

I don’t know but like the song “Girls just want to have fun” the same goes for me. I truly am happy to be anywhere.

What about you? Are you happy, morose, sullen, pensive, a pain in the ass? What kind of attitude do you bring to the game of life?

Peace Freddogg

Comments:
I'm just too fucking sad to comment.
--- Terry
 
Fredman, Unleashed is probably what most of us have needed for a long time. Thanks J.P.
 
Hey Freddogg,
I'm basically a pain in the ass who is happy to be here being a pain in the ass to as many people as possible! Have a nice day...don't you just HATE for people to always say "have a nice day" like it's possible to have one with people like that hanging around.
 
Fredman,

You and I do have the same perspective on many things, we just say it differently. I am happy anywhere I am too. It must be something you are born with. I loved this blog!!!

Brooke
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?