Thursday, June 01, 2006

 

Brokeback Penguin


Cultures change from underneath because the older and more experienced life forms become set in the “I didn’t get this old being fucking stupid” ways of wisdom. Take those surfing and rock hopping penguins of Tierra del Fuego.The juvenile males will take on a 20 foot wave, fly out, do a couple of back flips, then land on their webbed feet ,bob the head, do a little ‘we bad wobble walk’, then say “that’s what I’m talking about!”‘I’m going to try that, I want to taste the clear focused exuberance of juvenile senility just one more time,” an older penguin says to his geriatric sidekick as they safely bob beyond the breakers of the breeding population.“You do and you’ll be one Broke Back Penquin which I’ve always had my doubts about you anyway.”“Who you calling Brokeback, you egg humping, oh I didn’t know it was a throw pillow, pervert?”Yesterday morning I stood outside a high school as the kids were coming in. A tall white boy named Robbie was dressed all in black but there was a large face on the front of his shirt. ‘Who’s that Rob” I asked?“Al Capone, ”he said.A large black girl looked at Rob and yelled “It is not no good day him coming up all cheesy and shit.”My ears perked up and in fact lots of women think I have perky ears and I resent being objectified like that because I’m more than just a set of ears.Anyway, I commenced to listen in on the causal conversations of students arriving for school and once again it dawned on me that teachers have no real fighting chance because there is no value placed on speaking correctly and it is speech which reveals ideas and we now have an entire culture stuck in slang and clichés at all levels and thinking in pictures and postulating stupid theories and scenarios based on fundamentally unsound pricipals speaking of high schools.Last year I saw my boy Rob wearing a shirt with a little yellow school bus on front and it read, ”I Ride the Short Bus.”The entire planet appears to be riding the short bus with Al Gore driving because he be looking like a fat assed short bus driver, don’t he yo? But where are we going and are we there yet?Peace Freddogg

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?