Thursday, June 15, 2006

 

Yo Skippy! Talk Right!


Geno’s in South Philly—famous for cheese steaks and greenhouse gases- puts up a sign “We Only Accept Orders in English” and it becomes a national story. I find that funny, considering the average verbal SAT score in the neighborhood, but hey, “forget about it!”
Everyone knows this is America so how come if you make one derogatory remark about Italians while waiting for your calzone you’ll have 50 of those Fabian looking mother fuckers on your ass?
Xenophobia is the fear of anything foreign and now in the land of the knave and the home of the naïve we are in deep angst because of the number of Hispanics who speak Spanish.
Remember the Ebonics scare? A law maker in California just thought maybe it would be a good idea if teachers in public schools with 100 percent minority enrollment would learn the language lexicon of the streets to help their student’s transition to the less lively and more socially acceptable suburban neighborhood boring ass delivery like the language spoken on public radio.
“They want us to speak like them black people now, ”came the Redneck cry across America. People scoring a zero on the hip-hop scale of cultural coolness were petrified they would become the children of the corn left behind. It’s all so priceless.
If you want to hear the English language butchered like a chopped up Steak-um just walk down the hallways of a public high school. It’s the homegrown people who mangle language because there is absolutely no value placed on speaking correctly in this country and it’s considered rude to correct someone who speaks improperly and is too stupid to realize it.
“Yo! Yo gusto dos cheese steakos, por favor, yo!”
I have no problem with that because if I were in Mexico ordering that’s what I would say as a bridge to the language gap.
You know who I would like to find and beat up? The unimaginative stuffy bastards and horrid writer’s who put together reading comprehension passages on the SAT tests. I honestly was thrown out of a session for blurting out “screw you asshole” during the test because I just couldn’t take anymore references to the misadventures of Princeton suburbanites and their dickhead dog.
I know lots of homosexuals and they don’t scare me. I even know some atheists and I’ve never said, “There are no atheists on the waterbed of death when god pulls the plug." And most people I listen to—George Bush and others- mangle the English language everyday. And hip-hop is now 30 years old as millionaire politicians many to most of them proven corruptables say things like 24/7 and from the get go and I be like “Caucasions please!” You bitches should learn to talk right.

Hasta Luego

Freddogg

Comments:
Hola Fredmandez,

When I was in high school I wish someone took me aside and said, "forget about the french, the future is spanish." So now I can communicate on a few caribbean islands, France, and Quebec. I guess if I head to France it will be nice to understand people when they make rude references to the ugly American, but whatever. I live in suburban Maryland and believe me- the hispanic population is here and things they are a changing. Last year my favorite radio station dropped the alternative rock they had been playing for 25 years and picked up the latino format. It was a surprise to here spanish only when I started the car on that confusing morning, but believes me, it was more surprising that our ice cream man only speaks spanish. Just for that, I always order the chocotaco.
 
That's muy funnio. Like most societal issue I harbor no real emotional feelings. Personally I will be escaping this world unscathed by injustice in fact I was just at the Sony outlet store everyone was speaking English,I drive a toyota and insisted it was made in japan otherwise what's the point but I was thinking of buyuing myself a Fathers Day garage t.v.before everyone else doesn't.
And I'm rooting for Mexico to win the World Cup. I'd love to see how that would play in landscape land.
 
I love the wat accents change as you travel around this country. There is what I call sophisticated souther in Vurginia and deep coastal carolina. Down on the Delmava Pininsula there are warerman who sing ans swallow yarns at the same time.
around here there's the expression "I can't be doing this and I can't be doing that or if your a teacher it's like 'I can't be doin no lesson plans every day.
Most dissapointed to me is to travel the south and listen to the radio and no one has an accent. Give Jim Bob his own program.
How about Mayan Yo Boys?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?