Friday, July 14, 2006

 

Crazy Micks



Are all you Micks suicidal drinkers and drivers? Yes we are and don't call us Dicks?"

Three days in Ireland and 15 hours of left handed driving and all the newspapers write about are Zidane the head butting Algerian Frenchman and carnage on the roadways. I have been in a dangerous road rally game for three straight days and I've gotten good at it.
I drove through a mountain pass today that was breath taking in a heart palpitating sort of way. I came to a tunnel without warning there were no markings on the roads and no lights in the tunnel but it gets better.
Because I was unfamiliar with my Nissan where shotgun is the driver's seat I couldn't find the lights. So I drove 100 kilometers an hour as senseless shadows roared past in the opposite direction.
Later on a narrow moutain road a freaking three story hay truck came around the corner pitching and rolling like the Posiden. Another big truck took the side mirror off the bMW in from of me and just keep motoring.
Last night in Kinsdale I made friends with burly Irish fold singer. He sang a couple anti war songs that brought tears to my ears--you know the killing and maming and senselessness of it all. A lady in the back of the pub said,@Start singing some things that are more Irish.
I though his reponse"I can't believe you said that you fucking cow,"was appropriate.

Another guy at the hotel bar whome we since tagged the Fly Guy sent back his glass of Jamison not just becuase there was a fly in it but becuase the fly was on the bottom.
"If the just fly in a die they stay on the top,"he told me. "When there on the bottom it means the little fucker's been in there a long time."
I was going to attach a few pictures but here at the Web Cafe a card reader cost 2 Euros to rent and right now I'm too cluttered to figure out what that means.
This country is one big party and one big "fuck off wha?" I kind of like it.

Last night my folk singer buddy said to me,"Watch this." Then he said John denver's Country Road.
The places was international mostly Irish and Europeans on Holiday and the entire place broke into song. I was somehow emotionally moved when they all sand,"Weest Virginia Mountain Momma take Me home country road."

The irony of it all is that John Denver died drunk flying forgetting to top off the tank of his small plane. It is a small plantet.

freddogg

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?