Wednesday, September 27, 2006

 

Gerbil Gerry




I have a Double X gray tee shirt in my closet that has a Gerbil image running across the front surrounded by a circle with a line through it and underneath is written "No Gerbils”.
The shirt was designed and sold from the trunk of his car by a former student, now late student, and goes all the way back to 1985. This former student took a suicide flyer off the Saint Georges Bridge in Delaware. Ironically his humor and satire were always over the edge. The tee shirt was inspired by the urban story that a Philadelphia Newscaster named Jerry was admitted to Bryn Mawr Hospital and had to have a Gerbil “forceptly removed from his personal habitrail.”

I have another double x tee shirt my wife picked up at a gay yard sale that has neon poodles across the front and written underneath is "Poodle Beach" which is a gay beach in Rehoboth.

I have submitted humorous stories to a local gay magazine and made sure as the author I wasn’t identified as straight which I am but it may be funny if people thought I was closeted as in bi-fold doors walk out closet in the bedroom.

I have never worn the Poodle shirt because the way it hugs my torso makes me look too imperfect to be an aging gay guy. If I liked the way I looked I would wear it.

The "No Gerbils” shirt I wore once for a walk on the boardwalk and I didn’t like the way anyone looked at me. I was carrying a message and I wasn’t sure what it was so when all kinds of people looked I just looked back like “Yea, so? No Gerbils! Want to make something of it?”

I have often thought of making my own messages but not my own shirts. What am I, Indonesian?

I like this message from the NFL weekly injury report “Upgraded to Questionable”. Or this one: “Overfed and Under Trained.”

And my grandmother’s favorite: "Screw You and the Rhino You Rode In On.”

Peace Freddogg

Comments:
Hey Freddogg, Mrs. Freddogg sounds like she has a great sense of humor! (I guess living with you and all...just kidding)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?