Friday, October 20, 2006

 

GOD IS A FREE AGENT





No one respects spirituality in others more than I do. No one took more shots over 12 years of Catholic school and religious indoctrination than I did. I know if the pantheon of gods is divided into categories that the god of football is Catholic. There is just too much earthly empirical evidence to refute that claim.
I know that Bishop T.D. Jakes is an oratorical genius. “Born Agains” scare me but I don’t mind them even though there is no such thing as a born again Catholic boy.
I don’t forward feel good emails even if I like the people and the message is nice especially if it is a god forward because I figure if any to all of the stuff is true god is the ultimate high speed Power Book of the universe and doesn’t need the cyber support of mortals.
The United States constitution is murky clear on the issue of separation of church and state. There is the establishment clause-government can’t favor a particular religion- and the free exercise clause-the individual is free to believe what they want-and if you want god back in the schools there are schools where he/she roams without a hall pass.
I don’t understand why so many people are so concerned about what happens inside pubic schools from prayer to patriotism but any outreach advertisement that solicits mentors to come in and work with young people goes unanswered. What is that all about?
Last week I talked to a black man who has a Jesus chain around his neck. I taught this man’s three children. I love this guy and I can see his faith makes him stronger and that he actually lives the brotherhood concept every day not just Sundays. But he doesn’t preach he just represents.
I know, as do professional people in the social reclamation business, that alcoholics and drug addicts are not beating their demons without dialing 1-800-spiritutality for inner strength.
I taught high school for 35 straight years and there were mornings I had to go in after learning that a tragedy the night before had claimed the life or lives of students. I have watched as “grief counselors” came into the schools but what was needed was the option of the spiritual community for kids to access. I’m against religion in public schools but I could see the need for that type of “freedom of choice” contact.
The rule of law is in place to protect the whim of “majority rule” because as my grandmother taught me “if everyone around you is clamoring that something is a “good idea” it most probably for certainty is not!


Peace Out! Father Freddogg

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?