Monday, October 09, 2006

 

In A Class BY Myself


I published a book in 1992 and in a very clever marketing ploy let me just say that you can’t have one, in fact, they are not for sale. And that’s because boxes and boxes of them are gone to where I don’t know and there are only four left and I have them.
My book titled “In A Class By Myself” was really popular with people who don’t like to read. Leon of the Lewes Ale House wrote “That Bitch is Funny” but the high school where I taught wouldn’t put in on the shelves because of “language and dialect issues” and I sometimes struggle with that shit but I can’t help the way my characters speak and my grandmother always said, ”Fuck them religious reactionary right wingers and property owning pecker heads on the moral high ground. When’s the last time any of them got a joke. Just get out there and write for yourself and while I’m thinking about it get out of here because it’s Two O’ Clock in the afternoon, don’t you have a job or something?”
The book is in the rare books section of University libraries from Duke to Iowa State and also in a few federal prisons. There are 22 stories with illustrations done by my clever and talented wife who said, “That’s you on the cover now can you please take me somewhere that doesn’t involve a ball so I took here to a high school wrestling match.
The book is self published because I refused to acquiesce to the recommendations of regional publishers who said things like “this actually is quite funny and clever but is that really how you spell maby?’
The stories are hilarious and hard hitting too bad no one new can read them.

John Finnemore Freddogg

Comments:
In yonder book, did you share any student stories?

Cookies?
 
Delete cookies as they say in computer class. Just two stories of 22 occur in cape classroom
 
Most unfortunate that those books are on the RARE FINDERS list. Maybe on ebay...yes, that's it, I"LL FIND IT ON EBAY!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?