Sunday, December 31, 2006

 

Barry Manihomo





I told my daughter, an avid Eagles fan, that I was not a fan of any team because I’m a professional sports writer. She said,”Three of your children are Eagles fans and so are you and you know it and I don’t care what you say.”

Today I was sitting in a parking lot in Philly at 1:30 p.m.for the Eagles versus Atlanta division on the line game. Somewhere nearby a radio station was doing Karioke and some young guy was singing the Barry Manilow hit,”You know I can’t smile without you I can’t win without you. I can’t laugh and I can’t sing I’m finding it hard to do anything.”

And then the chants started first by a few then joined in by the D.J. then and entire parking lot, “Homo! Homo! Homo!”

I realized why I love Philly culture because the love homos-not actual homos but calling people homos. A homo may be a person who boots a ground ball, misses a lay up or drops a sure touchdown pass.

When you hear Michael Boulton sing you realize that he really sucks while Manilow is just a Homo!

Keep rocking

freddogg

Comments:
and, of course, other than the dj who had a mike, you were the loudest chanter there. nice to read a blog where political correctness isnt an issue>
Dr. Moon
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?