Friday, February 16, 2007

 

Bumbled Apology



Dear Juan

I’m sorry I called you a frog eyed coon and invited you to “eat me.” Please except my apology. I hope we can continue to be friends.

Amy

Dear Amy

And I am sorry I called you a freckled face bitch and retarded puppet looking somebody. There’s no way you derived that. I mean deserved that.”

Juan

Dear Mr Frederick

I’m sorry I lost my temper in class and called you a fat old dry joke telling motherfucker. Please tell them not to suspend me.

Juanita

Dear Juanita

Nobody likes to be called fat. You must have confused me with your mother. Perhaps they can suspend me I could use the time off.

Fredman.

Dear Fredman

My mom said to tell you, you ain’t funny and you’re still fat and white and eat cheese toast during class.

Juanita

Yesterday basketball player Tim Hardaway, no relation to Whirlaway, was a national story because on a radio program he said that he hated gays and that he was homophobic. And then in a written apology he used the insult inside the apology letter by saying he was sorry he said he hated gays.

And now every sleazy talking head in America is talking about a man who when asked his opinion freely gave it. And not many are talking about Tim the community service and philanthropic millionaire who gives back time and money to the community.

We still maintain the right to hold opinions in this country that are offensive to some and if I were gay and a season ticket holder to ‘Heat Games’ I would keep coming and stay gay which rhymes with Hardaway. You know the old saying “the devil you know is better that the devil you don’t.”

I hear people say all kinds of stupid stuff and all peoples occasionally say something stupid and when is the last time you had a couple over for dinner who didn’t look mostly like you, who wasn’t sexually oriented like you, who wasn’t educated like you, and from the same economic strata with the same religious beliefs. And what would you do if they began to snort lines during dessert except to join them or become outraged and appalled. Just how much into differences are any of us?

And so Hardaway’s friends run for deep cover because of course no one shares any of his views on the subject. I know being a joke telling satire writing observer and commentator of people behavior that when the righteous come on the counterattack –‘what do you mean Flaming Caucasians’- that you stand alone under the Heat Lamp of criticism while the bewildered defenders of the constitution demand that you be silenced.

“And It’s One Two Three what are we fighting for ? Don’t ask me I don’t give a damn, ”Next stop will be Iran.”

Pappa Joe and the Dead Fish

Freddogg

Comments:
Freddogg,

Hats off to Tim Hardaway for calling a spade a spade. Most Americans find homosexuality repulsive, but are too linguini-spined in our politically correct culture to say so.

I personally think Hardaway's only mistake was to say that he hated gays. There's a big difference between hating a person's behavior, and hating the person. I hate drunkedness, but not drunks. I hate gluttony, but not fat people. I hate stupidity, but not stupid people. Do I like all drunks, fat people, and stupid people? Usually not, but I don't hate them.

I reserve hating people for a select few, like those who purposely harm helpless children for the sheer pleasure of it. Or those who terrorize and kill scores of innocents to gratify their, or someone else's hate.

Considering all the time Tim Hardaway has spent standing (and bending over) in close proximity to naked men, it is possible that his disdain for homosexual behavior is due to a greater sensitivity to it than most. But truthfully, it is inherent within most heterosexual people to abhor homosexual behavior, and consequently dislike those confessing a preference for it.

Finally, this discussion should be more about identity with sexual behavior rather than the behavior itself. Why is a person's sexual orientation any more an aspect of their identity than their preference for music? If a person prefers sex with a teddy bear, should that determine their identity? The bottom line - sexual behavior, orientation, preference, or any other aspect of it is a private matter that should have no place in a public forum. It this was the case today, Tim Hardaway probably would still just be a retired accomplished basketball player helping many less fortunate people than himself who could frankly care less about what queers think of him.

John Wayne
 
Freddog,

It's interesting that we expend so much time and attention on manufactured controversy rather than true discussion. This 'discussion' was totally manufactured by ESPN; they published a book, promoted the hell out of it on the air, had all their on air talent ask everyone who came on their show their opinion about it until they finally got someone to say something controversial, then started all over again. And if you wanted to truly 'discuss' this issue, you couldn't- you can't express dislike for any behavior, because then you are labeled a hater. I'm with the Duke in that I reserve my hatred & also couldn't care less what a persons' orientation is-if that defines you, you have bigger fish to fry than who or what you knock boots with. Everyone's a fan of the 1st amendment when it protects them, right? Finally, we all do say stupid stuff (and most of us can't make a living doing it, as you have managed to do-props to you)and we do live in a homo world- as in homogenization.....
 
I have gay male friends but I wouldn't want one to marry my brother.
Seriously I love my gay friends of both sexes sometimes at the same time but no really I don't like ignorance in any form and don't like to see my friends called names or threatened and I really just don't get the hate thing except maybe skinheads and the Janjaweed and perhaps the mujahideen and zulus on trains carrying macheetes
But gays? No!
 
I'm with you dogg- I'm intolerant of ignorance & ignorance only. Gay, straight, black, yellow, I don't really care. If you are a good person and my friend, the other stuff is peripheral at best- that's my litmus test (shout out to Sarik & Judkins on the litmus reference, boy!)
 
Freddogg,

No matter what you think about Sticky Buns, you have to admit this is interesting to watch. What will be the outcome? If the so-called victims of Hardaway's remarks weren't strange, their response would be predictable. But who knows, they might be turned on by his passion and obvious disgust. More significantly, what do you think their mothers would say?

You say you have gay male friends, does your mother know about them? How much time do you spend with them? What songs do you sing together? When they pat your buttocks following an athletic achievment or triumph, do you enjoy it more?

Sigmund Freud
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?