Sunday, February 11, 2007

 

Mildly Interesting Approaching Amusing




Last Thursday I was telling this really interesting close to pop riveting story to the counter girl at Jiffy Lube who seemed really interested but then she interrupted, ”Do you want Pennzoil Signature Service? You’re do for a differential exchange of fluids, do you want it?”
“How much is it?
“Eighty dollars.”
“Sure I’ll do it but only if you can summarize the story I just lost track of and tell me where I left off.?”
She laughed like a mule and told me her job was to keep track of oil changes not every story that came in the door. ‘Great stories happen to great story tellers, ”I said, but she retorted with the mule laugh again and my grandmother always said "don't take things personally unless you’re the only other person there?"
Later I was at Gold’s Gym boring some young fit women about some shit or other and I could see they really liked me for two minutes but at five I was overstaying my welcome.
I trumped that today by meeting for the first time a young graduate student in Marine studies and before the 5 k race returned to the finish chute where she was helping out I was talking about photography and composition of images and external hard drives and she said something about how she couldn’t wait to go back out to sea where she enjoyed being cold, lonely and quietly nauseous.
I’m off to the medicine cabinet in search of Jiffy Ludes. Maybe Signature Servive is just that, step off and shut up no one wants to hear your stupid balloon dog story.Again!

Peace Freddogg on the Down Low

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?