Thursday, February 22, 2007

 

The River is Wide





Rehab is really not a celebratory place and hence celebrities in a rehabilitation center are a ludicrous concept and an insult to anyone trying to gain a measure of control over a life that is self destructive and out of control with potential fatal consequences. Public people from college basketball coaches to millionaire spoiled obnoxious celebrities are using rehab as an excuse and hiding place and popularizing and cheapening a therapy that may be the last chance for a person to reclaim a life. I know several people who failed at rehab and ended up dead.
I have a joke when people asked me “Hey are you behaving yourself?’ and I answer,”I have to all my friends are in recovery.”
That is a joke because it is more or less true. My personality is not addictive except for refrigerated chocolate doughnuts and an attraction to real foods with sugar and fat and the rest of that tasty stuff.
I would like to do some group therapy work with young addicts but I recently applied for a position and even with a Masters Degree and 35 years working with adolescents I was disqualified because I had never been an addict and had to face down the demons from within. All I could say was,”Sorry” but trust me I know the behavior patterns.
Do you think it takes one to change one? In that case should real pedophiles be running group therapy classes? How about anger management which has become a societal joke but I know a guy who attacked his wife with a garden rake and a good thing is was one of those vinyl leaf jobs which she snagged and poked his eyeball with the handle.

Freddogg

Comments:
Freddogg,

This afternoon on WGMD I heard a female therapist who described Bill Clinton as possibly having a sexual addiction. Pondering this, I considered that, in this day of gender equality, something like a sex addiction can't possibly be exclusive to males or females. Therfore, I think you should consider counseling sexually addicted women. Let me know how it goes, and if you ever need an assistant.

"Addicted to love"
Robert Palmer
 
I would have top guard against transference especially for the ones who weighed more than me.
 
Well, This is my first time so Freddogg you must be gentle. The problem with the job hunting, watch that hunting deal if you head to western sussex unless you've since "jacked-up and went monster truck with the Toy yo da, is you don't have enough upper case letters after your name. Look at the self-professed brains they are so proud to hang those MD, Phd, Bs, Ba, DO, ect... and please do not forget the good "Dr. Detroit." Of course, you could FYI, ASAP, and CYA yourself. On a lighter side, Keep the bog going it tickles my tummy.
PS> What is up with most folks signing Anonymous? Jparker, millsboro
 
Wierd either way you sign anonymous when you don't know a person and they don't know you-so why bother-or when you do know a person.An anonymous letter to a friend.
Later Coach
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?