Monday, February 19, 2007

 

Yobesity Boys





Do you know the number one problem facing the world today? It’s not global warming pestulance or terrorism? It’s not moral decay, tooth decay or being gay.

The number one problem facing man in the twenty first century is childhood obesity and as I was most recently told by a school nurse,”If we don’t do something about it right now we run the risk of outliving our children.”

Now all I can say is if my children and grandchildren intend to die before me because they eat too much they better get busy because I will be a hard person for them to catch. Can you say refrigerated Entemann’s chocolate doughnut and Heinikin?

The very same day I watched a neighbor girl sing a fruit and vegatables song with her fifth grade gym class she arrivved at my door later that afternoon with a box of girl scout cookies that cost me $28 dollars. She asked if I was going to open a box so I told her to pick one. We each ate two then I joked she had better not eat all my cookies, she left laughing and I ate the rest.

Last Saturday my grand kids wanted to go through the McDoanlds drive-thru window and the line was longer than Catholics going to communion at Sunday mass. We never go to mcdonalds and neither do I but I ordered a double cheesburger and it was delightfully nasty and after I ate I could feel fat microbes crawling all over my skin.

But if you see an obese child purring and cat scratching a sausage on a stick just weeble block him to the ground cause you know he’ll just pop right back up.

Attack of the Two Ton Toddlers and Inflated Infants Coming to your town.

Freddogg

Comments:
FredTwinkie,

Good post! You know why kids are obese - because they don't DO anything anymore.

Do you remember when we were kids and for punishment you had to come in the house and watch TV? Or how about leaving home by 8am and not being required to show up again until dinner? From 8am to 5pm we covered the equivalent of 10 to 20 miles in pick-up ball games, and bike rides to places none of us were allowed to go. Back in the day, fun was determined by how fast and far you could go, or how high you could climb, not by how many buttons you could push, or videos you could watch.

If it was during the school year, we found some way to get into the gym (not always with permission) to play PHYSICAL games for hours after school. The worst thing possible was not having anything PHYSICAL to do between 3pm and dark.

Kids today are over-weight, but even if they're not they're in terrible shape unless they compete in athletics. Kids don't run anymore unless they're running from the cops, or somebody trying to harm them. They don't even have Phys. Ed. but once a week - a total waste of time.

We're (human race) losing the battle, man, and we don't even know it. Compared to what we had when we were kids, (and I'm not talking about material things) today's kids have nothing. I feel sorry for them.

You're a gifted communicator, and have a public forum (Cape Gazette), why not do something about it?

Jack LaLaine
 
Jack

We not only broke into schools and played basketball all day on Saturday's but we also broke into the caefeteria and ate all the ice cream.
Play hard enough and eat all you want. I'll never forget my mother's first home cooked meal. Noodles back when noodles were fat and butter was real and lots of salt and your right the fat kid was the one who never came out he was watching bandstand lusting for justine and arlene.

freddogg
 
Frederico,

I remember Justine and Arlene, but the real babes hung with the Big Boss With the Hot Sauce, the Geater With the Heater, with all his "yon teens" - you know who I'm talkin' about. He looked and acted like a pervert, but was so obvious about it that nobody challenged him. What do you think he's doing today?

Seriously now, you ought to be able to work a little reverse psychology on the local school ad-mentruation. You know anything you say or do will be considered something they want no part of. Why not launch a campaign to have Phys. Ed. eliminated? I know you could come up with all the ways gymnasiums could be used during the day for more important activities like senior (citizen) aerobics classes and scrapbooking seminars. A few "good ideas" from you and they'll be scheduling Phys. Ed. for students everyday.
Play em' like a drum Sal Mineo!

Ed Hurst
 
Why should I care how many fat fuckers are helicopted landing zones in the dodgeball tournament?

The Geator Jerry Blavit became a mafia driver Anglo Bruno I think and was driving when Bruno was assassinated outside an Italian restuarant in South Philly.
He now owns Memories in Margate. I remember when the Beatles came on the scene and Blavat said that the Beatles were Coackroaches.
Let the good times roll.
I like fat young people they make good linemen.

freddogg
 
"I'm the geater with the heater bop a LING BOB A DING BOP A LU BOP BE BOP A ZOiNG.
The Orlons" Not me! I ain't no boxer!"
 
Silly pointless writing? Self Gratifying? Class cut up? 30 years of my life wasted? Moronic pawn?

Tell me more about engagement Anonymous person of interest. Should I run for school board? Mayor?

Takes guts to do significant things? Like what? Maybe I am running my A game right now? Maybe I zenithed in 8th grade?

We moronic pawns just sit still until moved by others.

I'm going to Wawa
 
if you're headed to Wawa, grab me a coffee and a cash register to go
 
That's funny M H and I won't tell anyone you are Mia Hamm and one of my best friends
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?