Friday, March 09, 2007

 

Double Vision




Yesterday I had a double vision as Jesus rolled towards me and later rolled away. But first a joke.

A man stranded and dying of dehydration in the Sinai Desert sees a mirage which focuses into a vision and lands in front of his sprawled body as an apparent temporal reality.
It is a bearded man dressed in a white robe pulling a donkey-pronounced Dunkey in Philly-aboard this donkey is a woman wearing a blue veil and holding a baby wrapped in swaddling clothes which were on sale at the nearby GAP outlet.

The dying man is handed water as Mr Natural says’ “Take this from me. And my name be Joseph.”

“And your wife’s name. What would that be?”

“Well her name be Mary.”

“Your little baby’s name wouldn’t happen to be Jesus would it?”

Joseph says, ”Who do you think we are Puerto Ricans?”

Yesterday Jesus was heading straight for me at 40 miles and hour. I saw red! Red blocked letters painter JESUS on a blue door driven by an outpatient schizophrenic I know driving on the wrong side of the road which figures because of the whole split duality thing.. This guy is stuck on Jesus because of the whole Blessed Trinity mystery and when he doesn’t shave for weeks he transitions into God The Father and sometimes I see him drinking WAWA 24 ounce coffee and if I were God The Father that’s exactly what I would be doing.

Later that morning I was heading north towards Manhattan to welcome a new granddaughter on to the planet just born at NYU hospital. I was behind a red car driven by an elderly couple with a sticker,”Jesus Loves Us”. The car was a Ford Focus and I thought “He loves me better. I have a Toyota 4runner.”

Coming back the same night I looked at a new church designed by a architect stoned on shroomes and Bali Hi wine. This roof had more pitches than a Jerry Falwell fundraiser. Big block letters read, ”Lewes Church of Christ!” In The House!

Like my grandmother Rose once told me, ”Never feign reverence unless you are willing to advertise.”

Go in Peace

Father Freddogg

FRedBaby on Blog is 9 hours old I have suggested Shawanda for a name or maybe Brooklynn.So far no name

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?