Saturday, March 03, 2007

 

Trojan Toddler



It happens when early weaning leads to over nutrition which begins out of control childhood obesity” so say’s BBC radio at 5 a.m. on Saturday morning.
‘The right age for weaning-could they have said 17 months-was occurring as early as 12 weeks.
“I grew up a neurotic child because I was breast feed of falsies,” Woody Allen said who later in his adult life began breast feeding off an adopted daughter.
There are La Leche groups of women who meet regularly to discuss exactly what I’m sure I don’t want to know. I saw an Ad in the paper for La Leche peer counselors and thought of going to the joke side of this issue but my advisor grandmother always said, “Never take the easy one and definitely not the easy two.”
I do know we suck when we’re born and will root around when placed near the nipple and the talk is of maternal instinct but I think it’s pretty much a learned thing to have a creature sucking for sustenance off a part of your body. I know if the dog or cat starts licking the sweaty body salt off my calf I will like it at first until I realize that I am liking the licking and then I kick and yell and if dogs could talk he would say, ”Yea right! Like I’m the pervert here?”
My mothers generation didn’t talk of breasts in support groups or daytime television programs and they didn’t “whip breasts out” at the Formica kitchen table. But a baby who bit a nipple would be smacked in the head and playfully tossed into the corner piece of the wrap around couch. The women then were literate as well and wouldn’t say things like, ”Don’t you be biting on my nipple” but would rather begin early “can David catch the binky in mid-air with his mouth” training?
All this is tied to who we become as sexual creatures later in life which means by age three in most cases which can lead to repressed memories and inhibitions later in life. As an adult I asked my mother ‘Is there a chance that when Aunt Rose put the above ground pool in the yard behind the split level that a Macy’s Parade float came out of the upstairs bathroom ?”
Later I’ll address the beauty of watching a child born which also requires classes and support groups and learning to breathe and are we all becoming more stupid or am I missing something here?

Feels like I fixin to fixate.

Dr. Freddogg

Post script: I once saw this white trash baby sitting in a car seat outside a Post Office as his Western Jeans wearing black roots and blond headed mother went in to pick up her jeopardizing the welfare of a minor check. The kid was sucking on a binky substitute and let me just say it was where the rubber met the road. It was gross and should have been funny but just too real and I waited for Mom to come out and I told her there were La Leche groups at the hospital and she shook her swollen breasts at me and said, ”La Leche these!” And I said, ”Not on my worse day but you better get that out of La Latex baby’s mouth before he chokes on it and I know “choke on these!” White trash baby became white trash toddler and when he was not yet three I saw him wearing a 10 pound pamper crossing a street all by himself. I ran and picked him up holding him at arms length and placed him inside the yard from where he had escaped. “Go inside and get mommy,” I said. “He looked up and said,”Fuck you!”

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?