Tuesday, May 15, 2007

 

Beyond My Comprehension





Everyone has a story about a person in their lives who informed them of their limitations. In many cases it was a school guidance counselor who said something like “College? How about considering a career in Cosmetology?”
I think almost all people react badly to a statement such as “Stay away from commenting on this subject because you have ventured out of your league.” As if there is a league where you are forbidden to venture with your commentary. Grandmamma Rose always said, “Anything on the entire planet comprehendible by one is comprehendible by all. We are all pretty much stupid the same but only the truly smart ones comprehend that reality while the others hide behind their bullshit hamlets of expertise.”
And so when I recently received a letter from Congressman Castle’s Office suggesting I stay out of politics because I wasn’t any good at it I went and got a ladder then hit the roof. Bad qualities oozed through my cool protective outer shell and I came all the way hot. I found myself about ready to -dial a diatribe- “Do you know who I am” listing a sorry litany of my academic and literary accomplishments.
Political commentary requires exactly what level of talent I wonder. Most politicians are rich assed white guys who call themselves public servants and when is the last time you heard a servant tell an employer to “shut up?”
“Back to sports Fredman. Leave American foreign policy commentaries to the junket jingoistic jet lagged politicos who truly know what’s best for all Americans.”
I always told my students “The world is not compartmentalized everything flows into everything else but if your sink clogs up call a plumber.

Professor Freddogg

Comments:
Loved that. DE may be the most under-representated State in the Union. When 3 Stooges is remade the players are in place here.When I think about the guys and gals who voted them in itscares me. Like you I am unsure which group is stupid and I hope it isn't mine.
 
Dont linsten to any of them man, Freddogg for Governor!
 
Often found Castle lacking in political courage. He woulde never make Kennedy's "Profiles in Courage", probably never read it. A rubber stamp for Bush except on meaningless votes. To advise a constituent to keep his opinons to himself is the height of political arrogance.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?