Friday, August 31, 2007

 

MEDIC DEPRESSIVE




There is a burnout point reached in every job or endeavor no matter how noble but recently I witnessed a bad attitude in a situation I never anticipated that of the “seen it all and I’m sick of this shit” volunteer rescue worker.
I have rescued and saved people and it is exhilarating. I have failed at rescues but in the attempt the adrenaline was pumping and I have never been so selfless.
But I know a person, who is just sick of individuals getting hit crossing highways, passing out to heat stroke, nearly drowning in Oceans, shooting themselves with nail guns, cutting their penis with a circular saw, choking on wing bones, sticking twigs into a nest of yellow jacket, shooting a cousin during turkey season, putting out a microwave fire with a sink sprayer, or spaying his itchy feet with roundup because he thinks he has chiggers then breaking out in hives inside his windpipe.
And there are calls to rescue animals up trees down wells and surfing the pipeline.
I heard rescue man summing it up for all these acts of bad decision making. ‘I’m out here in all this summer traffic risking my own life trying to save these stupid asses.”
I think rescue workers should be forced to retire at 50 because that is the age where we all just begin to grow intolerant and by age 60 we just hate everybody.

Poppa Freddogg

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?