Tuesday, October 02, 2007

 

Bent on Walking




I stepped onto the Rehoboth Boardwalk at 10 a.m. this October weekday morning and thought ‘It is like a treadmill and conveyor belt moving in opposite directions and meeting at stop.” The people, most retired were moving but barely, lots of aluminum canes and slow steps, people leaning to the side with fat bellies and legs. It was depressing and then again not. I was swimming in a school of arthritic amphibians and I was thinking “spines talk back as we age the amazing thing is that they last as long as they do.”
I saw a young Dad reflecting pride that beamed from his skull as he looked adoringly at his goofy looking son being pushed in a stroller. “The kid looks so cute and perfect to the young parents but I could tell by the shape of the wide forehead and shock of hair down the middle that this kid would grow up to be a non qualifier and have to go to community college before transferring to the state university.
And what is with the baby steps that many elderly people take and how can they possibly pass me but they do. I am one step forward and two back on the treadmill of progressive deterioration and they are conveyors of a message I do not want to hear.

And there was knee replacement rehabbing guy and his loyal and adoring wife and I wondered if she knew if the situation were reversed old gimp would be thinking, ”I can’t believe I’m out here on this beautiful morning hanging with some old bitch that can’t walk.”
I limped and hobbled and some friends asked me what was wrong and I said,”Nothing, it is god’s makeover. What you see is the new me until I get worse.”

Peace Freddogg

Comments:
Fred, Fred, Why so bitter. Your above dirt arn't you?
Ken
 
I am not bitter at all I accept my lot said Saul. Pass the tomato.

I actually find it all pretty amusing and funny just my idea of funny
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?