Sunday, November 04, 2007

 

Brokeback Britney





I was on ITunes Sunday Morning Coming Down and ended up scrolling down the soundtrack from Brokeback Mountain which has some great music on it and I looked up to the right of the screen and it read “Listeners who purchased this album also bought “Blackout” by Britney Spears and I was like “Brokeback Britney” I’d rather be a step away from Gay that two steps closer to having Britney music on my IPOD. Talk about a Coming Out reckoning.

Last year I walked into my favorite bar and ran into a Joe I used to know and coach and still call J.V. Joe. He was dressed in a long leather 'High Plains Drifter' coat and cowboy hat. Joe is black and another black regular at the bar ‘Chicken George’ came up to me and said,”Fredman, I see you already know Broke Black Cowboy.”

I love the unanticipated “funny moment” and now that I am IPOD synced at the gym younger athletes I know come up laughing asking “what kind of music are you listening to Fredman” like I’m some silly older guy brushing up against a technological world he is dragging his Golden Oldies into?

I wonder which answer would have the best chance of flooring them, Brokeback Cowboy Soundtrack or Blackout by Britney?

Gooba Gooba Gooba Gooba Don't You Just Know It?

Freddogg

Comments:
Freddogg,

Benie Siegel (i think that's how to spell it...)"Feel it in the air"

Good song Fred- great lyricist for a new rapper..don't make them like they used to!
~Panda
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?