Thursday, November 15, 2007

 

C/C Danger! Cow Crossing!




Yesterday I went to take a few pictures of a high school wrestler signing a National Letter of Intent to grapple at a Division Two school. Nice kid, nice grandmothers but the dad had suckered me into a media event and there was a cafeteria filled with photographers so I took a picture of a sheet cake because I knew that the rest of them would get up and do the same thing and I kept mumbling “I hate this! If you want me, I come running, but I require exclusivity.”

Later at night I was covering the semi finals of a field hockey tournament. I choose three girls for head shots and interviews after the game. One girl had an assist and that’s it, so I figured I’d have her to myself. Wrong, the rest of the writers figured I knew something they didn’t so I got followed. They also were surrounding my other two interviewees. Did I mention the head coach hugged me and nobody else because when you’ve been around a long time coaches and friends will “hug you up.” I’ve had more men tell me they love me than any straight man is the history of the planet.

I told the trainer of the winning team ,a young woman who also hugged me and loves me that I hated the media. “Check that, I said, “I hate everybody.”

The bright spot of my day was in the late afternoon when I had to stop for a Cow Crossing. “What in Carnation?”
I took a photo, an exclusive shot and if some other digital wanker had showed up I may have uddered an obscenity.
"Go home and hug your own heifer!"

freddogg

Comments:
I miss those cow crossings. They used to be a daily occurrence years ago in NH.
There is something peaceful and serene watching a cow take its time sauntering across the road.
 
true but at least they don't smell too good. And how come they don't stampede? How much fun would that be?
 
Sorry Dave , Dragon Lady were you at one time a State Cop in N.H.??
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?