Saturday, December 08, 2007

 

ROLL OUT THE BALLS



White people who were never cool are behind a testing conspiracy that fosters an elitist society which doesn’t affect me on either side of the social stratum divide but it hurts plenty of people everyday holding them to standards that flat out don’t matter.
I know a young man who struggles with reading and writing. He went to college passed all his classes and wants to be a Phys Ed teacher. He is a physical specimen, lives a healthy lifestyle and is just a good person. But he can’t pass some yahoo reading and writing test called the Praxis-we talking Praxis- that allows him to student teach so he can get a job.

I have offered to help him so I secured A practice praxis-we talking praxis-tests and everyday I’m sent a sample test question and everyday because I’ve been a relentless writer all my life I get stuff wrong because I know how to capitulate and castigate but the word cant just isn’t in my vocabulary.
Check out today’s question then all the successful people who read my shit tell me the meaning of these words just rolled off your tongue like a glazed donut off a resin table.






Describe the following words: cant, capacious, capitulate, captious, castigate.
Scroll down for the answer:














Answer:
cant: To talk in a singsong, preaching tone with affected solemnity.
capacious: Roomy.
capitulate: To surrender or stipulate terms.
captious: Hypercritical.
castigate: To punish.

Sorry I guess I’m being captious here but really how many ways can a Physical Education teacher say, ”Roll out the balls.”?

FReddogg

Comments:
I guess the never ending spelling test never ends...
Who talks like this anyway? I know what the words mean but damned if I have ever used them in a sentence and I have never heard a gym teacher use them either.
 
yo dogg- i use these words daily...what do they mean again?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?