Tuesday, January 01, 2008

 

A Near Hit!



Call it a “near hit” a “my bad” a bone headed stream of consciousness cut away behind the wheel of a three quarter ton Tundra with an eight foot bed rounded off above the rails with chunks of wood.
Back in 1999 I was in a roll over accident. I was unbelted lucky to have survived and so on the last day of 2007 I learned my lesson and still don’t wear a belt and there was Darby Dog riding shotgun quicker that a deployed airbag at 50 miles an hour.
I was checking my review never trusting that sticks of wood may go flying out the back and then I glanced to the right at Mr. Donut wondered if the drive in window was still there and with no sense of urgency I looked back onto the road in the direction I was traveling.
A maroon Sienna was just stopped there I guess to turn. Adrenaline kicked into crystal clear focus. No time to stop only to swerve to the right with a ton of wood on board. Speaking of dead wood I was almost part of the load. I came back left what is often described in fatalities as over correction. But the Tundra handled what I gave her and I screamed “asshole”! Because I represent!
God knows who was in that van and if I had been chased down and smacked I’d have just stood there and said smack me some more I deserve it.
And Darby remained loving and clueless the double helix of mammalian emotions.
Two Toyota's saved my life, a 4Runner in 99 and Tundra in 07. And so I must break the news to all my Christian friends that Jesus was Japanese!
Happy New Years and Feast of the Circumcision-a holy day of obligation- for you Catholics.

Freddogg

Comments:
Freddogg,

Another near miss, and you still don't see that God is calling you? Simply talking about Him will not save your sinner's butt.

Matthew 7:21-23


Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior right now while you still can. Your time is short, growing shorter, and you may not get any more "calls".

The Messenger
 
I'm sure I'll get one more.Lighten up up messenger if I were any nicer a person I couldn't stand myself
 
Freddogg,

You still think "nice" has something to do with where you'll spend eternity? Hell is full of nice people. You make fun of your Catholic School upbringing, but have bought their lies, hook, line, and sinker. NICE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

I can't lighten up. Do you think I was sent to you to let you go to hell without a fight? Wake up man! This is about your ETERNITY.

The Messenger
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?