Saturday, February 02, 2008

 

Long Lens Lennox






http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=7748390&MSNHPHMA

I reflect and refract back to halftime of the 1999 Super bowl in Atlanta that I attended as a family member as my nephew Mike was on that Titans team that lost to the Rams by a yard. I sat behind the goalpost armed with a long lens to capture atmosphere.
Inside a crowded bathroom at halftime several fat middle aged white guys were jokingly telling a tall and well dressed black man that they should kick his ass just for the hell of it and the black man spoke in a British accent telling them he could take them all with one hand while the other---I’m about to make shit up here—anyway I looked and it was Lennox Lewis the Heavyweight Champion of the World-not to be confused with Ray Lewis the Ravens linebacker who was in an Atlanta jail on suspicion of murder and obstruction of justice.
I though of getting a picture of Lewis but quickly realized invading the privacy of the Champ with a long lens inside a bathroom could get my ass kicked quicker than Mike Tyson tearing up a gay bar. “I do not sound gay!”
The Super bowl is all about the power parties and personally I find it disgusting and over the top from Paris Hilton to Ray Lewis back out there partying and all those big titty actresses I never heard of strutting around like somebody did call the cows’ home.
We underlings call each other “playa” but were posers with no access and I think there should be one super day in America where none of us pay attention to anyone in sports and entertainment we just ignore their sorry asses and stop supporting bullshit.
Can you feel me playa? Don't forget to click on the link or copy and paste which you can do with one hand to see what you missed.

Dr. Freddogg

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?