Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 

Knocking Back Goals







Knocking back goals requires a direction and focus and destination but can we ever really arrive in a universe where time elapses and the synapses collapses?

I am a great goal setter and achiever but once I arrive at a destination I prefer to turn around and go back the same way I came.

I haven’t had a drink of alcohol in six months which begs the question why and I don’t have a good reason which means sooner or later I will give up this routine and replace it with the more fun one of trolling summer happy hours for sports tidbits and deducting my bar tab as an entertainment expense.

Five years ago I knocked down a Masters Degree in 18 months and I’m talking about a program that required real papers and attendance and contributions in the classroom. I wanted to see if I could acquire a perfect 4.0 but some post doc bitch dropped a B on my Biotechnology paper titled “In Search of the Gay Gene” and, in fact, referred to my academic treatment of the subject as “the column” which was supposed to put me in my place or my space.

I have run marathons and completed triathlons because someone told me I couldn’t. I walked 100 miles a month for five straight years then stopped because it was just too boring and old people on canes were faster walkers and I began to self loath because all people who walk for exercise are annoying and I was one of them.

And that’s what’s wrong with stay skinny people. They are trapped in their own success. It is so twilight zone and so unfulfillable and disease and death are so random. The game is rigged that is the beauty of the entire system.

Peace

Freddogg

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?