Thursday, March 13, 2008

 

Nose Ring




A person is shuffling along or slightly limping as the case may be and for no observable or explicable reason kicks the under bare feet throw rug spastically jumping clear to the more predictable hardwood.

That person, who is I, was startled because just for an instant that pitch of the wheezing through my nose picked up by the acuity of my ears coupled with the texture and instability of the cheesy rug tripped my freight and flight center and I thought a rodent had gotten into the house during the night.

Later that night I adjusted the receiver of the land line phone because I heard someone talking then realized my nose had become a free lancing ventriloquist.

I know schizophrenic people hear voices-they don’t think they hear them-they freaking hear them- which is why they stop telling use about them and the same goes for hallucinations which are what you do see not what you don’t.

“It’s not my fault the rest of you don’t see and hear what I do, ”said my clinically disturbed cousin Janet, who by choice lives in a trailer with a dirt floor in the bedroom.

I am a fast learner and the next time my nose talks to me I’m not telling anyone else but I can’t swear I won’t answer non ringing phones or jump free from phantom rodents.

Peace

Freddogg

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?