Saturday, May 10, 2008

 

AUDIT AUDACIOUS AL





An Activist Afro like the Reverend Al Sharpton should at least have a natural cut and not look like a 1957 James Brown out of shape.

The comedian Slappy White back in the 70’s said, ”I went into a barber shop and asked for an Afro. I fell asleep in the chair and when I woke up I had a bone in my nose.”

Johnny Carson laughed but said nothing, that was back in a time period when more different kinds of people laughed at themselves and when comedians turn serious like Bill Cosby they lose something and the word I’m looking for is funny.

Damon Wayans was a guest on the View and he commented that all the Rutgers raucous over the Don Imus comment pertaining to their women’s basketball team as ‘Nappy Headed Hos” was funny because “they do look like Nappy Headed Hos.”

Wayans is smart and lives on the edge of satire where it meets censorship and sees all this “Hang Em High” for what they said backlash as being dangerous in a free society.


I find Al Sharpton entertaining and politically street smart but because he sees himself as the helium balloon of civil rights untethered riding currents of righteous indignation high above the game the rest of us must play everyday somebody needs to poke a hole in his fat ass.
I guess it's politically incorrect to throw a civil rights leader under the bus that vehicle being a sensitive American symbol even today as unlettered buses painted weather beater blue head out to pick crops to say nothing of short buses in fact there is a tee shirt "I ride the short bus" and I wanted to buy one but they don't come in double X.

And now the IRS is about to make and rake him over not as some sort of government retaliation for his positioning on social issues but because Al owes millions of dollars in back taxes. You can go to the internet and read all about non profit monies and personal monies and taxes at the federal and state levels but trust me it falls between haphazard and willful deviousness and an ordinary citizen would already be in white collar jail.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?