Monday, May 05, 2008

 

Clicker Controlled Dogs



I don’t like dogs trained with clickers and biscuits and graduate credits from obedience schools. I look at the animal and wonder “where is the dog?” It has been replaced with a stimulus response mammal whose dog life mission is to serve and service an adult who can’t play fetch. The training of these dogs can cost 30 thousand dollars.
I knew a nice man, blinded in late life that never missed a happy hour his yellow lab resting across his insteps. Once the man said to me “Don’t pet the dog” and I of course responded “It’s dark in here, I don’t have to tell you, and if you’re so blind how did you see me sneak in a harmless head pat and don’t give that “I can sense the vibrations bullshit. Come to think of it, how many free beers does this blind routine get for you and don’t you tell your wife every afternoon you’re taking the dog for a walk and then you come back blind drunk so to speak.”
“Excuse me sir but what is that Chocolate therapy lab doing in your hospital bed and tell me I didn’t just see what I thought I saw?”
“Hey this is the psychiatric pooch wing of the hospital. How am I supposed to know what you saw or what is reality or an illusion? Come back up here Bosco!”

Go Fetch

Freddogg

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?