Friday, June 13, 2008

 

PIg of the Week



The lead sports page of the Allentown Morning Call has a special feature “Pig of the Week” and I thought “Why Not?” sounds like an idea for my paper. I’ll just take my camera and head off to the boardwalk and start making snap judgments.
Excuse me Miss Spiked Hair with Pete Rose throw back jersey and calf tattoos; don’t take this the wrong way but I think you would make an excellent choice for our Pig of the Week profile and I was wondering if you would consent to taking pauses from that fry bucket long enough to help me construct some biographical data?
In the sixties there were ‘Pig Parties” long before Politically Incorrect Pigs now suddenly there are no causal pigs only enraged pigs like “you better get out of my face you fat pig!” and by the way would you like to go to a party Friday night? Don’t get me wrong I have never participated or condoned such cruelty towards another person or pig but I know such things happened.
The Major League Triple A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies are the Iron Pigs which I guess is a motorcycle reference you know like riding a hog which brings up the joke what is the difference between a Hoover and a Harley? The location of the dirt bag!
Now I’m finding that Iron Pigs were blast furnaces at Bethlehem Steel and I’m not interested anymore too public television documentary for me.
I like Heavy Metal Pigs better. Pig of the Week? Why not Whale Shark of the Month? My favorite Rhino?

freddogg

Comments:
I will take a hat if you have an extra.....had a pork sandwhich last pm at the St Anthony's festival....guess it got to my head. Great blog.
w
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?