Friday, October 17, 2008

 

Get out of my Pants


The place where funny meets respect the decision to remain silent or tell the story that is the zone where I find myself.
Last weekend it was a gathering of old friends from high school-all the boys now over 60-aging in action but we don’t care like I always say "men love each other just ask their wives."
Perhaps the best of us is in the worst of conditions. Wade has early onset Alzheimer’s and we were all scared to see him but Saturday at the bar/restaurant it was story telling and laughing even going into a sit down sitcom of “Guess who Died” because when you are young it’s a game of seconds but over 60 we know of lots of people and the most fun is when you introduce a new player”he died? You’re kidding me?”
Wade was roaming around my house Sunday morning having left his bedroom and was just opening doors looking for himself. He stepped into the room where my brother was sleeping at 6 a.m said “hi buddy” then took his pants that were hanging over a chair.
Big Tom is 6’5” and 380 pounds while Wade is more 6’3” 215 pounds.
Wade was wearing the pants holding them up at the waist. My brother came out holding up his beltless Bermudas. "Have you seen Wade he took my pants and belt?" Later sister-in law Nancy appeared smiling. I said ‘If you live long enough someone is coming into your bedroom saying “hi buddy” and leaving with your pants. It is just going to happen." Nancy said that I can always see the humor in things and that was very therapeutic.
Wade was led back to his room and moments later his wife Mary returned the pants.
It was all a bit of insider fun because Wade was in fact wading in a world where everyone loves him but in the big pond it is not that understanding or forgiving.
Perhaps there should be a tee shirt “I make strange decisions”.

Comments:
Hey Freddogg
It the most handsome group of men I have seen in a long time. Any of them single?
You, by the way are even more good looking than I remember.

It is wonderful you are all so loving and tolerant of Wade..Alzheimer's is an evil disease...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?