Saturday, November 29, 2008

 

Blue Christmas




Talked to a Blue Collar “got the blues big time” guy I know this morning and asked him what the hell a Ryder Truck was doing in his driveway for two days.
The story commenced ugly and tragic and sad and got long and I had a photo assignment so it was like “man your life is unraveling this holiday season but I really do have to go.”
He talked about his wife moving out and just leaving a mattress on the floor, about still getting over his own Chemo and making payments for his son's funeral from last year and his elderly mother and epileptic brother and the cable company shutting him off and charging him 150 to disconnect and all kinds of credit card horror stories and how his mortgage payment was do but they were going to have to wait until he got paid even though his entire paycheck wouldn’t cover it and perhaps the mortgage company would let him skip a month?
But hearing all that didn’t make my bad hip hurt any less so please let’s refocus and talk about me for awhile.
Life sometimes turns mean on certain people while the rest of us “really do have to go” because like what am I going to do? How can I help my brother and the answer is, I don’t think I can and now I feel guilty about it which reminds me I haven’t bought my Christmas tree yet and I’m thinking Douglas Fur or should I get a live one and watch it die in the wash tub?
Holiday season sinks tragic life events to depths unimaginable. I hope this makes you temporarily unhappy and please pass it on to people who need some real shit to cry about.

Comments:
People who feel sorry for themselves,even if it is justified, should just walk out their door and look around. There is so much sadness in this world . Just give whoever you meet, a smile or even a joke and for one little moment maybe you would have made 1 person happy.
 
I'm definitely passing this one along, Fredman. Nice catching up with you again after a 20+ year hiatus...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?