Friday, November 14, 2008

 

Wait 300 Minutes



Yesterday I hung out in the waiting room of a Wilmington VW dealer while the front end of a 2000 Passat wagon was replaced along with some major belt. Outside was pouring ran and anyway I am limp biscuit so I just sat in a straight low back office chair and watched CNN for the next five hours.
I knew about the front end and approved the belt job for an additional $200 but the congenial older nice guy service liaison subtracted rather than added the $200 on the estimate I signed making the final bill $400 more than I anticipated. But the good news was I got a 10 percent senior citizen discount I didn’t request which means the old service manager dude saw me as a contemporary.
What I did notice over five hours was just everything including young fat white guy salesmen with no business so they surf the web all day long to self medicate otherwise an awareness of “I don’t do shit all day but I least I work on commission” may crystallize into their consciousness making them depressed.
You know what you learn when you watch national cable news all day? Absolutely nothing! You are like a high school kid who hears everything but processes nothing. I did read a long article in an entertainment magazine of the making of Saturday Night Fever and how John Travolta because a national celebrity with his Vinnie Babarino character on Welcome back Kotter and that when I can to teach at Cape in 1975 all the kids called my Kotter because we looked similar and sounded the same and I taught Sweat Hogs just like him but my stories were funnier and actually true.
How long could you wait for a car in a waiting room without making a single cell phone call, no conversatio,n just steady watching CNN?
I feel I should be a national hero like McCain.

Freddogg

Comments:
Bad coffee and no donuts! Cruel and unusual! Watching people is fun, watching CNN for more than 30 min is deadly. Good news, I can give you the name of a good therapist to help you decompress.
R. Malachy Ward
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?