Tuesday, December 23, 2008

 

Now I'm Done!



You know the Brady Quinn workout commercial that ends with him saying “Now I’m done.”
I’ve been finding pictures of myself playing basketball in the Penn Palestra going back to 1964 and I know hardly anyone cares how good I was but I’m motivated to tell my story after writing stories about other people for the last 25 years.
I think I must be psychologically damaged or needy but not really because I know I’m not that guy. But I am a person who believes that most people do good stuff everyday and that’s it’s o.k. to reflect and say” I did a good job with that” as long as you don’t look for affirmation from a friend especially if you brought up the subject in the first place.
Number 54 I am finger rolling in a basket versus four helpless defenders and number 55 I am up and over 6’9” Maurice who dunked in my face earlier in the season back when no one did that.
If you have picture highlights of yourself from better days or yesterday you would like me to post send them along because I am the image maker.

Freddogg

Comments:
"The older you get, the better you were." and "Bring back the short trunks" and "Were you really that thin?" and "Why did you have two numbers?" and "Why was Bishop Neuman the Pirates?" and "What's the difference between a finger roll and a desperate attempt to fling that sucker in?" and in Phila. the track and cross country teams were made up of basketball wannabees.
R. Malachy Ward
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?