Monday, February 09, 2009

 

Liver Large





Just got back from hospital where I went to visit a colleague in the CC Unit but enough about him.
I was walking through the emergency waiting area and saw a former student and football tackle not yet 30 sitting there was an admissions bracelet.
I delicately inquired as to his condition “what the hell are you doing here?” and he said he thought he pulled a muscle lifting weights but it just wouldn’t stop hurting. He had been there for six hours.
“They told me I drink too much,” the young man said and I asked what led them to that conclusion and he said an ultrasound revealed an enlarged liver.”
“Do you drink a lot” I asked him and he responded in measured speech “Everyday I drink like a fucking fish!”
I congratulated him on the use of his simile and said it also looked like he ate like a horse and by the way it’s not crazy like a fox but sly like a fox and he wanted to know why I was talking about foxes and I told him I was a psych outpatient and just there for my medication.
But seriously weight lifting alcoholic enlarged liver guy what a package. People are delightfully all the way nuts and I think that’s a good thing.
My colleague less than 12 hours from major surgery hooked up to hoses and monitors generating numbers behind his head he could have cared less about managed one strong sentence in between fading n and out of deep sleep.
“Daytime television fucking sucks! It’s worse than reading.”

: Some of my friends us blue language and it’s not my job to change it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?