Sunday, May 10, 2009

 

Humerus Not Funny




I sat on the gurney and listened to the Technician of the Fluoroscope explain to me how my hip injection was going to work. "You will lie on your back pull your shorts down to your knees I will cover you with a sheet then the doctor will do the injection. He is running a little late because he is up in the operating room fixing someone’s Humerus as he tapped his thigh for a visual.
“That’s interesting,”I said, “Because the Humerus is in your arm.”
“Three guiding by nuclear imaging probes into my hip socket –it didn’t hurt in the tradition pain sense but the imaging in my own brain signaled my weird shit alarm response. The doc said I won the “bad hip of the year” award and he replaces 400 a year. He agreed I was tough and didn’t have to throw in stupid because we both already knew that.
And I discovered the pain medication prescribed gave me a headache and you know the advice “never take medication prescribed for another” well it turns out that Jesse Dog and me were exactly on the same pain meds which explains my urge to drag my butt across the driveway.
I just hope the day of my hip replacement surgery that I don’t get a new shoulder.

Freddogg

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?