Friday, May 15, 2009

 

WHO'S GOT THE FUNK?




A classy older black man-my age-in a ball cap with work van parked outside the Verizon store was getting a new phone. He had a voice like Brook Benton and I would have offered him a 50 dollar rebate to sing the Bolweeval song.
The sales assistant dude looked like the dork guy in the Verizon Network commercial except he was “a lot mo fatter.”
What struck me was as he went down the list of ring tones the black gentleman didn’t bite on any of them and when he got to the George Clinton Parliament Funkadelic Interplanetary Funk version of Atomic Dog ’yippie yo yippie yey’ he kept playing it while bobbing his head up and down as if to say,” I can feel you my brother, I can feel you.”
I tried to imagine a reverse situation, a younger hip hop dude trying to ensnare me with some Toby Keith because not being a classy older gentleman I would react “Move on Bro Dot Com. Why I gotta be liken Toby Keith”?
The man settled on the sound of a phone ringing while I choose something called 'wah wah' because it reminded me of my favorite dining establishment.

Peace

Atomic Freddogg

Comments:
Good to have you back..........ken
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?